You will need your Apple ID to carry out a host of activities. Thesewill range from downloading icloud on a new phone to downloading something from the Appstore or iTunes. As such your icloud accessdepends on whether or not you can remember your Apple IDpassword. If you fail to remember it (which is pretty common) then you will be able to reset it just by making use of the web browser present on your Mac, iPhone or iPad.
But there are a lot of ways you will be able to reset your icloud or Apple password. Let’s check out the 3 most common different methods.
Using Security Questions Or Email Address
- First go to apple.com in any such web browser. There put in the email address you have used in your Apple ID. Then press Continue.
- After that you will have to select the option which will say Reset My Password. Then press on Continue.
- As a result of the above, you will get either an email with the password reset link or you will have to complete the security questions. In case of email,click onReset Now.
- Now you will be able to enter the new password of your choosing. You will have to enter the new password again to confirm it. Then click on Reset Password.
Using Two-Factor Authentication
- If you havethis enabled then you will need a device associated with the account near you.
- Begin by going to iforgot.apple.com in any of the web browse There enter in your Apple ID mail address. Then press Continue.
- After this, you will have to put in your phone number which was used with the Apple ID. Then click on Continue.
- Now you will have to pick up any of the devices associated with your account. To do this, you will have to click on Allow and then enter in the Passcode of the device you have chosen. Then simply tap on Done.
- Now enter the new Apple ID password you have created. You will have to enter it again to confirm before clicking on Done.
Using Apple ID Password On IPhone
You will be able touse your iPhone tochange your Apple ID account password if you are signed right into icloud. Also you will needto have the passcode right then on the phone. If you do, then follow these steps:
- First open up Settings on the
- Click on the Apple ID banner.
- Press Password & Security.
- Now click onChange Password.
- Put in the iPhone passcode.
- Click on
- Finally, put in the new password in the New and Confirmation/ Verify fields and click on Change.
These three steps will allow you to recover your Apple ID which in turn will let you access your icloud account.