How To Activate And Deactivate Ad Free Mail In AOL Desktop Gold?
Ads are the bane of every professional’s existence. Imagine wanting to send a very urgent email as soon as possible, but in number able ads keep on distracting/ irritating you. It’s frustrating and in-your-face right? But there’s a solution to this and that is AOL’s no-ad mail feature in the Gold software.
How is this ad-less mail feature useful?
Simply said, if you opt for this then you will be able to get rid of all the distracting ads. This will make your mail using experience clutter free and more streamlined. To use this you simply have to first download the Gold software. After that you will have to use your AOL username to get in there. If you don’t have that username then you won’t be able to deactivate or activate this ad-less feature. So keep this important point in mind.
Note: You won’t be seeing any type of paid ads after subscribing to ad-less AOL mail. But you will definitely still be seeing ads for AOL’s products.
- Operating system: From Windows 7 to 10 will be ideal.
- Processor: Try to get a computer which can process really fast. But if you want a minimum number then go for one which has 266 MHz at least.
- Screen resolution: Opt for a screen which comes with a screen resolution of at least 1050 * 800.
- Ram and hard disk: Make sure that your PC has RAM capacity of at least 1 GB. As for hard disk free space, it should be 550 MB at least. Remember that the more space you will have, the easier it will be for the program to install and load.
- Gold software: Always try to go the highest available version. This is because without the latest Gold version you can face issues while either deactivating or activating the ad-less service on your mail account.
How to activate ad-less mail in AOL?
- First you will have to select and sign in to the account where you want the no-ads benefit.
- Then head over to the page which says ad-less mail page. Here you will be activating that service.
- Tap on the Activate Now option first. After you do that, you might have to wait a little for the confirmation message from AOL.
- After getting the confirmation message you will have to log in to your account again. But this time you will have to put in the username with which you activated your ad-less service with. Know that once you complete this process, you won’t be able to use your old password to sign in.
- Once you do the above you will be able to access your email account but this time there won’t be any ads.
How to deactivate ad-less mail accounts
Not everyone has need of a no-ad mailing account. So if you want to go back to how things were then you can deactivate the no-ad service. Here’s how you can deactivate the ad-less service:
- We mentioned before that when you activate the ad-less service you will have to use your AOL username to enter your account.
- Then head to the page which is titled My Own Benefits and choose the option titled Activate. After you do that, it will be time for you to select the ad-less mail option.
- Lastly, just choose the option which will allow you to deactivate the service. A question box will then pop up asking you if you want to carry out this action. For this, just press Yes.
It’s possible that you might face issues while deactivating or activating this service even if you have followed all the above steps completely. This is common and faced by many. Generally this occurs due to some other secondary issues like the interference of another program. In such cases it’s better to call up the customer service helpline. Once you call the helpline, make sure you tell them about the issue in detail. If you don’t want to be in a line or on hold while connecting to a helpline professional then you can become a member of AOL’s advanced services. This will allow you to skip the line and instead go straight to the helpline.