AOL has always attempted to provide the best services to its users. This time it has done that through a program called Desktop Gold. This application allows you to carry out your regular activities ranging from browsing to emailing and more of course. But to avail all of its unique features and upgraded security features, you will need to upgrade the older version you have installed in your PC. We are here to help you in this process.
System Requirements needed
Before you go for updating your desktop to Gold, know that your PC should have some minimum system features for the program to work properly. For that you will have to ensure the following:
- Your system should have a computer processor that can function at a minimum rate of 265 MHz’s Also, it must have a minimum RAM of 1025 MB.
- You also should have secure internet connection when you opt to update the program or choose to use it.
- Ensure that your computer has loads of free hard disk space or a minimum of 515 MB. Remember that the more space you will have, the better chances are of the installation process going off without a hitch.
- As for your screen resolution, keep a minimum of 1030 horizontal with 800 vertical pixels. Here too, try and ensure that you have a resolution way above these baseline levels.
Updating Desktop’s Gold version
- Know that the program is free for existing AOL users so all you have to do is head over to their site and click on the download link given there.
- Once you click on the link given in the site, you will find that the application will begin downloading. After the program gets downloaded all you have to do is follow the instructions and prompts which come up on the screen. For example: Make sure that you enter your AOL account details when called for.
- Once the above step gets completed, go to the section titled All Products. Then scroll down to see the name of the program. Click on that option.
- The next step is to click on the installation option. All you have to do now is be ready to follow all the instructions prompted there.
- Once the application gets installed in your PC, it’s time to run it. For that, first locate the file and then click on it to get the Setup prompt box.
- From the options given there, choose Run and then finally click on the Install option. Follow the instructions which will tell you to add your email, uninstall the previous version of AOL desktop and more.
- Click on OK to these. The program is now all ready to be used.
If you are facing any trouble while downloading the update or installing it, then call or chat with their customer care professionals. They are there to assist you throughout the day, the whole week. A word of advise: Don’t try anything different from the steps given here if you don’t have good knowledge of the system and its files. It might complicate things more for you.