People deal with a lot of passwords daily for different apps and sites. As such it’s expected that people will forget some of them from time to time.But if you forget your Hotmail password then there’s a way you can recover it. But before we begin, you should know that:
- You will have to use Outlook.com in place of Hotmail.com. This is because you will be able to access both Hotmail.com and Outlook.com accounts by making use of Outlook.
- Microsoft will not allow you to get your old hotmailpasswordback. As such, the only option is to fully reset it.
So to reset the password you will have to:
- First open up Outlook.com in your browser and go to the sign in page. Once there, enter the Hotmail email you use. Then click on Next.
- When you get to the password screen choose the Forgot My Password option.
- You will be redirected to the Why Can’t You Sign In page. There choose the I Forgot My Passwordoption before choosing Next.
- Now verify that the email address you have given is indeed true. While verifying your email you will have some options to choose from. This includes getting an email which will giveyou a reset link for your password. But to use this way you will have to put in the whole address. Another way is the text option. Here you will get a text message to your phone which will help you log in. To use this you will have to put in the last four digits of your phone number.
- After that, type the characters you see on screen and click on Next.
- Next, choose the Send Code option if you have opted for either the text or email option. If you don’t have any way to use those methods then click on Next.
- Once you get the code through text or email, enter it on the page to reset your Hotmail password. If you don’t have any way to get a text or email then don’t worry. All you have to do is follow some extra steps to verify your ID.
- If you are using an app to reset yourPassword then you will have to enter the number which will pop up there after following the instructions.
Following these easy steps will let you reset your Hotmail passwordeasily. But for added precaution and to prevent this from happening again you should think about using a password manager to store your passwords. All you will need to access this will be a master keyword.