Reasons for Failure of AOL Gold Software
AOL has brought out a new and upgraded program called Desktop Gold. This application allows you to carry out all the tasks you love. But now you can do it without any lags and with heightened security. This will ensure your ease of work and security. But as with any software it’s bound to fail sometimes. The reasons for that can vary a lot, but we are here to help you out during those messes. Some of the most common issues which cause Gold software to stop working are:
Desktop Gold shuts down suddenly
One of the reasons for this could be because of a corrupted Gold file. This corruption can occur if you had to suddenly stop the program either voluntarily or involuntarily. To fix this, follow the following steps:
- Head over to Windows and then go to the Control Panel. From there choose to not automatically update the program. Now you will have control over it and can proceed to update it when you have the right system requirements.
- If you have a Mac with the Gold software installed then instead of Windows, go to Apple menu. Then go to system updates which you will find in System preferences. From there click on the OFF button.
Gold Software fails to open
The Desktop Gold software should automatically open once you click on it. But there’s lots of reason why it may not do so.
- If you find the software not opening then one reason might be that you are using an old version. So the first thing should be to ensure that you have the latest version installed.
- Another reason might be due to the system’s internal memory being full. Your RAM usage can get heightened if there is many unmonitored programs which auto-start once you open the software. The solution to this is simpler. First check how much RAM you have left. If it’s little to none then close down the dead end programs to make space for the Gold Software.
Desktop Gold software shows error 137
If you get this error code then it means you went off net while deleting or installing the program. That’s the exact moment you are going to get this code. This message will mislead you to think that it’s your files which are corrupted. But there’s a way to fix this:
- The first and foremost is to ensure that you have a strong and reliable internet connection. The quickest way to check this is to open any random website. If you aren’t able to do this then use manual troubleshooting methods to get rid of this issue. If nothing is working then call the broadband service your subscribe to.
- After doing the above, purge the Gold software from your system and begin anew.
Contact Information isn’t visible in Gold software
- First get into your mail account (of AOL) and ensure that your contact list is still intact. If it’s there then proceed to get out of the account before opening the account for Desktop Gold.
- If it isn’t then uninstall the Gold software before reinstalling it again. This should solve your issue.
If you face more problems than contact AOL’s helpline which is open throughout the week and all the time. They will be able to give you nuanced answers and will be able to solve your issues easily.
Related searches for AOL Gold Software
- AOL desktop gold download
- download AOL gold software
- newest version of AOL gold
- AOL gold installation download
- AOL desktop gold sign in
- how do i download AOL gold
- AOL gold desktop download existing account
- install AOL gold desktop for windows 10